Monday, January 16, 2012

NUMBER SYSTEM...

CONVERSION...
Back then in my high school days I remember this topic is quite complicated. It is advantage for me now because I have encountered it in the past. It is much now easier to understand but there are times that I find it difficult and confusing. I'm happy that I fully understand the conversion of numbers to binary, to octal, to decimal, and to hexadecimal and be able to figure out some shortcuts to get it....

BINARY TO DECIMAL

Remember if it is Binary the numbers are only 0 and 1.


OCTAL TO DECIMAL

And, if it is Octal the numbers are 0 to 7


HEXADECIMAL TO DECIMAL 

Hexadecimal has sixteen numbers. The numbers 0 to 9 and use a letters from A to F representing the numbers from 11 to 15. Example 10 is equivalent to A, B is equivalent to 11 , and so on and so forth.


DECIMAL TO BINARY 




DECIMAL TO OCTAL




DECIMAL TO HEXADECIMAL